§19–1810. CMP Appeals
- (a) An assisted living program may request an appeal of a civil money penalty imposed under this subtitle.
- (b) A hearing on the appeal shall be held in accordance with:
- (1) The Administrative Procedure Act under Title 10, Subtitle 2 of the State Government Article; and
- (2) Regulations adopted by the Secretary.
§19–1811. Civil Money Penalties Fund
- (a) (1) There is a Health Care Quality Account for Assisted Living Programs established in the Department.
- (2) The Account shall be funded by civil money penalties paid by assisted living programs and other penalties that the Office of Health Care Quality may assess.
- (3) The Department shall pay all penalties collected under this title to the Comptroller.
- (4) The Comptroller shall distribute funds collected under this title to the Health Care Quality Account for Assisted Living Programs.
- (5) The Account is a continuing, nonlapsing fund, not subject to § 7–302 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
- (6) Any unspent portions of the Account may not be transferred or reverted to the General Fund of the State, but shall remain in the Account to be used for the purposes specified in this section.
- (b) The Health Care Quality Account for Assisted Living Programs shall be used for training, grant awards, demonstration projects, or other purposes designed to improve the quality of care.
- (c) The Department shall adopt regulations for the distribution of funds from the Health Care Quality Account for Assisted Living Programs.